OBN on how parents can help prevent drug abuse | Health
Every day it seems there’s another story of a child hurting themselves or others while under the influence.
Whether it be students abusing prescription drugs like reports out of Norman Monday or toxicology reports showing an Edmond teenager had been huffing compressed air before wrecking his Jeep and dying.
These recent headlines have many parents, rightfully concerned.
Mark Woodward with the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics talked with us about what parents can do to help their children.
He said no longer are kids just using street drugs like marijuana but household items like compressed air to clean computers or synthetic marijuana or pills right from their parents’ medicine cabinets.
Much more information is available on the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics’ website.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property