OBN on how parents can help prevent drug abuse | Health
Every day it seems there’s another story of a child hurting themselves or others while under the influence.
Whether it be students abusing prescription drugs like reports out of Norman Monday or toxicology reports showing an Edmond teenager had been huffing compressed air before wrecking his Jeep and dying.
These recent headlines have many parents, rightfully concerned.
Mark Woodward with the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics talked with us about what parents can do to help their children.
He said no longer are kids just using street drugs like marijuana but household items like compressed air to clean computers or synthetic marijuana or pills right from their parents’ medicine cabinets.
Much more information is available on the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics’ website.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder