OBN on how parents can help prevent drug abuse | Health
Every day it seems there’s another story of a child hurting themselves or others while under the influence.
Whether it be students abusing prescription drugs like reports out of Norman Monday or toxicology reports showing an Edmond teenager had been huffing compressed air before wrecking his Jeep and dying.
These recent headlines have many parents, rightfully concerned.
Mark Woodward with the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics talked with us about what parents can do to help their children.
He said no longer are kids just using street drugs like marijuana but household items like compressed air to clean computers or synthetic marijuana or pills right from their parents’ medicine cabinets.
Much more information is available on the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics’ website.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel