Oklahomans being asked to take part in cancer study | Health
Residents in Oklahoma are being asked to volunteer for a 20-year study that may help prevent cancer.
Yes, it’s long, but it’s not hard and will hopefully shed light on the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer.
Lesa Foster with the American Cancer Society of Oklahoma joined us to talk about the study.
- Participants must be 30-65 years of age
- Never diagnosed with cancer
- Give a small blood sample
- Give waist measurements
- Complete surveys every few years
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel