Oklahomans being asked to take part in cancer study | Health
Residents in Oklahoma are being asked to volunteer for a 20-year study that may help prevent cancer.
Yes, it’s long, but it’s not hard and will hopefully shed light on the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer.
Lesa Foster with the American Cancer Society of Oklahoma joined us to talk about the study.
- Participants must be 30-65 years of age
- Never diagnosed with cancer
- Give a small blood sample
- Give waist measurements
- Complete surveys every few years
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured