Oklahomans being asked to take part in cancer study | Health
Residents in Oklahoma are being asked to volunteer for a 20-year study that may help prevent cancer.
Yes, it’s long, but it’s not hard and will hopefully shed light on the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer.
Lesa Foster with the American Cancer Society of Oklahoma joined us to talk about the study.
- Participants must be 30-65 years of age
- Never diagnosed with cancer
- Give a small blood sample
- Give waist measurements
- Complete surveys every few years
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes