Flu season not over yet in Okla. | Health
It may feel like spring but the flu season is still in full effect.
The Oklahoma State Health Department said 33 Oklahomans have died from the flu this season and over a thousand were hospitalized.
Tulsa County has recorded the highest number of flu deaths.
Most of those who died were over the age of 65.
The health department said the flu season runs from February through May.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel