Flu season not over yet in Okla. | Health
It may feel like spring but the flu season is still in full effect.
The Oklahoma State Health Department said 33 Oklahomans have died from the flu this season and over a thousand were hospitalized.
Tulsa County has recorded the highest number of flu deaths.
Most of those who died were over the age of 65.
The health department said the flu season runs from February through May.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- UPDATE: Man arrested with legs wrapped in duct tape after Chickasha bomb scare
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog
- No arrests, suspects after man found shot to death in driveway
- Crews investigating cause of S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, woman escaped flames