Get screened during colorectal cancer awareness month | Health
Did you know colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in Oklahoma?
Although there has been a slight decline in the past decade, more than 50,000 people across the U.S. die every year.
But there is a simple procedure that could save even more lives.
Gastroenterologist with OU Medical Center, Dr. William Tierney, talked with us about the importance colorectal cancer screenings.
He said this type of cancer is more common in western countries and about 70 percent is preventable with proper screening.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan