Get screened during colorectal cancer awareness month | Health
Did you know colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in Oklahoma?
Although there has been a slight decline in the past decade, more than 50,000 people across the U.S. die every year.
But there is a simple procedure that could save even more lives.
Gastroenterologist with OU Medical Center, Dr. William Tierney, talked with us about the importance colorectal cancer screenings.
He said this type of cancer is more common in western countries and about 70 percent is preventable with proper screening.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Oklahoma universities make ‘Best Values in Public Colleges’
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area