Get screened during colorectal cancer awareness month | Health
Did you know colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in Oklahoma?
Although there has been a slight decline in the past decade, more than 50,000 people across the U.S. die every year.
But there is a simple procedure that could save even more lives.
Gastroenterologist with OU Medical Center, Dr. William Tierney, talked with us about the importance colorectal cancer screenings.
He said this type of cancer is more common in western countries and about 70 percent is preventable with proper screening.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff