Students participate in health care career day | Health
OKLAHOMA CITY—It is no secret that some of the best jobs these days are in the medical field and will be for years to come.
Friday, about 600 students attended Mercy’s 11th annual Health Care Career Exploration Day.
They were able to receive hands-on experience doing “mock resuscitation” drills and other activities.
For many students, it was shocking to see how careers in medicine vary.
In all, there were 10 high schools participating in the event, including those from Oklahoma City, Edmond, Yukon and Deer Creek.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes