Dentist donates free care | Health
CHICKASHA, Okla. – Hundreds of Oklahomans have a much brighter smile thanks to a generous dentist and dozens of volunteers in southeastern Oklahoma.
Friday 29th Street Dental Care opened its doors to meet the needs of the uninsured and underprivileged.
Once a year, Chickasha dentist, Dr. John Phillips, offers FREE dental care to folks in need.
They come by the hundreds from every corner of Oklahoma and beyond.
They are all braving the cold for FREE dental work.
“We do it because God has blessed us,” he said. “We could do dental work anywhere in the world but there are people here who need our help.”
Since launching the “Dentistry from the Heart” crusade six years ago, Dr. Phillips has helped about 1,500 people, donating more than $2 million in free dental care.
The team of dentists and volunteers at 29th Street Dental Care are changing lives one smile at a time.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel