Dentist donates free care | Health
CHICKASHA, Okla. – Hundreds of Oklahomans have a much brighter smile thanks to a generous dentist and dozens of volunteers in southeastern Oklahoma.
Friday 29th Street Dental Care opened its doors to meet the needs of the uninsured and underprivileged.
Once a year, Chickasha dentist, Dr. John Phillips, offers FREE dental care to folks in need.
They come by the hundreds from every corner of Oklahoma and beyond.
They are all braving the cold for FREE dental work.
“We do it because God has blessed us,” he said. “We could do dental work anywhere in the world but there are people here who need our help.”
Since launching the “Dentistry from the Heart” crusade six years ago, Dr. Phillips has helped about 1,500 people, donating more than $2 million in free dental care.
The team of dentists and volunteers at 29th Street Dental Care are changing lives one smile at a time.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Oklahoma universities make ‘Best Values in Public Colleges’
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area