Dentist donates free care | Health
CHICKASHA, Okla. – Hundreds of Oklahomans have a much brighter smile thanks to a generous dentist and dozens of volunteers in southeastern Oklahoma.
Friday 29th Street Dental Care opened its doors to meet the needs of the uninsured and underprivileged.
Once a year, Chickasha dentist, Dr. John Phillips, offers FREE dental care to folks in need.
They come by the hundreds from every corner of Oklahoma and beyond.
They are all braving the cold for FREE dental work.
“We do it because God has blessed us,” he said. “We could do dental work anywhere in the world but there are people here who need our help.”
Since launching the “Dentistry from the Heart” crusade six years ago, Dr. Phillips has helped about 1,500 people, donating more than $2 million in free dental care.
The team of dentists and volunteers at 29th Street Dental Care are changing lives one smile at a time.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Officials: One person unaccounted for following massive house fire
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan