Diets rich in southern-style foods increase stroke risk | Health
A diet rich in southern-style foods increases the risk of a stroke, according to researchers at the University of Alabama.
Doctors found southerners are 20 percent more likely to have a stroke than those living in other areas of the country and that yummy southern food seems to be to blame.
Researchers compared the eating habits of over 20,000 adults and found stroke frequency was directly linked to the amount of fried, high fat, high sodium southern foods participants consumed.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- UPDATE: Man arrested with legs wrapped in duct tape after Chickasha bomb scare
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog
- No arrests, suspects after man found shot to death in driveway