Diets rich in southern-style foods increase stroke risk | Health
A diet rich in southern-style foods increases the risk of a stroke, according to researchers at the University of Alabama.
Doctors found southerners are 20 percent more likely to have a stroke than those living in other areas of the country and that yummy southern food seems to be to blame.
Researchers compared the eating habits of over 20,000 adults and found stroke frequency was directly linked to the amount of fried, high fat, high sodium southern foods participants consumed.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder