Flu kills 14 Oklahomans, cases on the rise | Health
OKLAHOMA CITY – Flu cases and unfortunately, the number of deaths from the flu, are on the rise in Oklahoma.
The State Department of Health released new numbers Thursday that show 14 people have now died from the flu in our state.
More than 600 have been hospitalized, 71 of those in just the last week.
Doctors say everyone should get a flu shot but admit the vaccine is only about 60 percent effective.
Children and the elderly should see a doctor if they get the flu and their temperatures remain over 102 for more than a couple of days.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel