Flu kills 14 Oklahomans, cases on the rise | Health
OKLAHOMA CITY – Flu cases and unfortunately, the number of deaths from the flu, are on the rise in Oklahoma.
The State Department of Health released new numbers Thursday that show 14 people have now died from the flu in our state.
More than 600 have been hospitalized, 71 of those in just the last week.
Doctors say everyone should get a flu shot but admit the vaccine is only about 60 percent effective.
Children and the elderly should see a doctor if they get the flu and their temperatures remain over 102 for more than a couple of days.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed