Very high allergy alert in Okla. | Health
The Oklahoma Allergy and Asthma Clinic is warning allergy suffers ceder pollen is very high right now.
They said the alert is because of an “extreme exposure situation.”
Allergists said severe symptoms can be expected in pollen-sensitive individuals.
Seriously allergic people are advised to stay inside.
They said this is especially true if a person has pollen sensitivity or allergic bronchial asthma.
Health officials said the best way to combat these allergens is to stay in filtered air.
OAAC’s board-certified allergists recommend avoiding allergy triggers is the best way to reduce symptoms.
These triggers include:
- Limit outdoor activities during days with high pollen counts.
- Keep windows closed (at home or in the car) to keep pollen out.
- Take a shower after coming indoors. Otherwise, pollen in your hair may bother you all night.
- Leave shoes outside or just inside the door so that you don’t track pollen inside your home.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder