Troop "Scouting for Food" in El Reno | Events
A few troops in El Reno are hoping the community will help them fight hunger through various areas around Canadian County.
The El Reno Boy Scouts of Troop 381, Cub Scouts of Pack 882 and the El Reno Girl Scouts Troop 108 will be teaming up for a community food drive next weekend.
On Saturday, Oct. 27 and Sunday, Oct. 28, the groups will be going door-to-door making sure everyone in the area has the chance to participate in the "Scouting for Food" drive.
The drive will actually take place on Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012 with all the food being donated to the Lords Harvest in El Reno.
Residents are encouraged to collect goods and place them in a bag next to their mailbox by 8 a.m. on November 3.
The scouts and their parents will begin collecting the items starting at 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning.
If your items are not picked up on Nov. 3, call (405) 517-7794.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder