DUI crash on I-40 leaves car on guard rail | Crime
YUKON, Okla. — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol and Yukon Fire Department both responded to an unusual crash which left the vehicle high-centered on the guard rail.
The crash happened about 1 a.m. Thursday on I-40 near Garth Brooks Boulevard.
According to police the man was driving eastbound on I-40 when he hit the railing of the bridge, crossed into the center median, lost control and crashed into the guard rail, leaving the car stuck on top of the barrier.
The driver was not injured, but he was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Officials: One person unaccounted for following massive house fire
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan