DUI crash on I-40 leaves car on guard rail | Crime
YUKON, Okla. — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol and Yukon Fire Department both responded to an unusual crash which left the vehicle high-centered on the guard rail.
The crash happened about 1 a.m. Thursday on I-40 near Garth Brooks Boulevard.
According to police the man was driving eastbound on I-40 when he hit the railing of the bridge, crossed into the center median, lost control and crashed into the guard rail, leaving the car stuck on top of the barrier.
The driver was not injured, but he was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel