DUI crash on I-40 leaves car on guard rail | Crime
YUKON, Okla. — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol and Yukon Fire Department both responded to an unusual crash which left the vehicle high-centered on the guard rail.
The crash happened about 1 a.m. Thursday on I-40 near Garth Brooks Boulevard.
According to police the man was driving eastbound on I-40 when he hit the railing of the bridge, crossed into the center median, lost control and crashed into the guard rail, leaving the car stuck on top of the barrier.
The driver was not injured, but he was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Chickasha agency helping families spread holiday cheer to troops overseas
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes