Lawmaker wants to eliminate gun-related felony with bill | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – One Oklahoma lawmaker is working to eliminate certain gun-related felonies with a new bill.
Currently, boarding a bus with a firearm, concealed or otherwise, would be guilty of a felony.
Rep. Paul Wesselhöft filed legislation that would allow licensed gun owners carry on a bus without committing a crime.
“If we take the Second Amendment seriously, there is no reason why a concealed carry permit holder must be charged with a felony for simply boarding a public bus,” Wesselhöft said. “The data has shown again and again that it is rarely law-abiding gun owners who commit crimes.”
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured
- Man burned, family without home after Easter fire
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run