El Reno man accused of child sexual abuse | Crime
EL RENO, Okla. – A man accused of having sex with an underage girl now faces multiple charges including child sexual abuse.
El Reno Police arrested 51-year-old Billy Ray Coats, Sr., and booked him into the Canadian County jail.
The allegations surfaced in mid-November.
Police Chief Ken Brown said the victim went to school officials to report the abuse.
“The young lady made a disclosure to a school teacher who took it to the high school counselor who notified us,” Chief Brown said.
Coats remains behind bars on a $100,000 bond.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Oklahoma universities make ‘Best Values in Public Colleges’
- Police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- UPDATE: Chickasha teen facing multiple charges after high-speed chase, allegedly shooting at officers
- MORE: Wife claims man in Minco officer-involved shooting, stabbing is bipolar
- Teacher assistant arrested after touching student in McDonald’s bathroom
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area