El Reno man accused of child sexual abuse | Crime
EL RENO, Okla. – A man accused of having sex with an underage girl now faces multiple charges including child sexual abuse.
El Reno Police arrested 51-year-old Billy Ray Coats, Sr., and booked him into the Canadian County jail.
The allegations surfaced in mid-November.
Police Chief Ken Brown said the victim went to school officials to report the abuse.
“The young lady made a disclosure to a school teacher who took it to the high school counselor who notified us,” Chief Brown said.
Coats remains behind bars on a $100,000 bond.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured