Science Bowl comes to El Reno this weekend | Community Spirit
High school students from across the state will flock to El Reno this weekend to take part in a regional competition to show off their science skills.
The U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Science created the National Science Bowl, which will be held Saturday, Jan. 19 at Redlands Community College.
Organizers say the competition encourages the nation's children to pursue careers in science and math.
The winning team will be awarded an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C., where they will compete against other regional winners from across the country.
The preliminary rounds of the National Science Bowl will begin at 9 a.m. with the finals starting at 1 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma woman hides meth in vagina and smuggles it into jail
- UPDATE: Woman found dead, man discovered with gunshot wound to the head
- Oklahoma police searching for machete-wielding man
- Teen inspiring others after surviving 3,500-foot fall from Oklahoma sky
- Chickasha Police arrest three in connection with drive-by shooting
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel