Science Bowl comes to El Reno this weekend | Community Spirit
High school students from across the state will flock to El Reno this weekend to take part in a regional competition to show off their science skills.
The U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Science created the National Science Bowl, which will be held Saturday, Jan. 19 at Redlands Community College.
Organizers say the competition encourages the nation's children to pursue careers in science and math.
The winning team will be awarded an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C., where they will compete against other regional winners from across the country.
The preliminary rounds of the National Science Bowl will begin at 9 a.m. with the finals starting at 1 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property