Science Bowl comes to El Reno this weekend | Community Spirit
High school students from across the state will flock to El Reno this weekend to take part in a regional competition to show off their science skills.
The U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Science created the National Science Bowl, which will be held Saturday, Jan. 19 at Redlands Community College.
Organizers say the competition encourages the nation's children to pursue careers in science and math.
The winning team will be awarded an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C., where they will compete against other regional winners from across the country.
The preliminary rounds of the National Science Bowl will begin at 9 a.m. with the finals starting at 1 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma school district finds unique way to shelter students from storms
- SILVER ALERT CANCELED: Authorities issue Silver Alert for 89-year-old
- Chickasha man arrested after allegedly raping 64-year-old neighbor
- Chickasha landlord allegedly asks for rent at gunpoint
- Caught on camera, Chickasha woman’s wild ride
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder