Winter Weather causes closings | News
While Oklahoma escaped much of the winter weather that hit other parts of the country, forecasters are predicting the state will see a bit of winter weather in the coming days.
Crews in Oklahoma City have already pre-treated bridges and overpasses in preparation of the bad weather. The National Weather Service says there is a chance of snow and rain on Sunday and another storm front will move into the state on Monday, January 10, 2011 which will likely bring snow across northern portions of the state.
In preparation of the weather, many areas have already closed schools and church services. Those closings include:
- Aline-Cleo Public Schools- Open at 10 a.m. Tuesday
- Burlington Public Schools- Open at 10 a.m. Tuesday
- Cherokee Public Schools- Open at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday
- Cimarron Public Schools- Open/ Buses running 1 hour late
- Copan Public Schools- Closed/ Activities Canceled Tuesday
- Heartland Cottage Christian- Closed Tuesday
- Kremlin-Hillsdale Public Schools- Closed Tuesday
- Pioneer-Pleasant Vale Public Schools- Buses run 1 hour late on Tuesday
- Timberlake Public Schools- Open at 10:10 a.m. on Tuesday
For a complete list of closings, visit the KFOR website.
Upcoming Events near Canadian County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property